Are The Bed Bugs In Bryan Likely To Infest My Home In Bryan?
December 12, 2022
From the 1950s until the mid-1990s, bed bugs were thought to be extinct. These tiny bugs had managed to stay out of sight for so long that many people thought that bed bugs were just a myth. Unfortunately, these tiny pests are all too real and the Bryan pest control experts at EnviroGuard have seen them in many local homes. Here is a look at everything that you need to know about bed bugs in Bryan.
Bed Bug Warning Signs Everyone Ought To Know
Bed bugs are flat, round insects that resemble an apple seed. They can easily fit in hard-to-reach areas, which include the crevices of mattresses, box springs, and furniture. Because bed bugs are so small, they could be in your home for weeks before you ever see one in person.
Even if you haven't spotted bed bugs in your home, there are a few telltale signs that will help you determine if they are there:
- Skin casings: As a bed bug grows, it will shed its skin. The translucent skin casing that a bed bug leaves behind is light brown. You could find them in several different sizes, as one bed bug can molt about five times before it reaches full maturity.
- Bed bug droppings: Bed bugs tend to defecate a lot in one space. You may see clusters of tiny brown or black spots that are about the size of a thin marker or pen tip. When they defecate, they usually drag their bodies over it, which can cause the droppings to look smeared.
- Red bumps on your skin: Bed bugs live off of blood. They get this by biting the skin and drinking it from their victims. You usually don't feel anything while the bug is biting you; however, you will soon notice several itchy red bed bug bites on your skin.
- Bloodstains on your sheets: These bothersome bugs will feed on your blood until they can't eat anymore. As they feed, their bodies will start to swell. If you happen to roll over and crush one of them in your sleep, it will leave behind small, round bloodstains on your sheets.
- Bed bug eggs: If you see white, oval-shaped eggs in your mattress or the creases of your furniture, you have bed bugs living in your home. These eggs are tiny and resemble a miniaturized grain of rice.
If you've noticed any signs of bed bugs in your home, contact EnviroGuard before the problem has a chance to grow.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous?
Bed bugs are not known to carry any diseases, but that doesn't mean that they are completely harmless. The itchy bug bites that they leave on a person's skin could cause a skin infection if the person scratches a lot. On top of that, bed bugs are often associated with insomnia and anxiety from the stress of an infestation.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Sneak Their Way Into Our Homes
Bed bugs are sneaky little insects that can jump on you without you even realizing it. They are found in common public areas, including:
- Nursing homes
- Public transportation
- College dorms
- Office buildings
If you accidentally get too close to a bed bug, it can latch onto your purse, luggage, or clothing and hitch a ride back to your home.
Always Call In The Professionals When Dealing With Bed Bugs
Bed bugs can be especially difficult to get rid of. If you see a bed bug in your Bryan home, call EnviroGuard as soon as possible. We use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to ensure that the bed bugs leave your home and don't return.