Are You Struggling To Keep Fleas Out Of Your Waco Home?
September 20, 2022
After a long day of work, you want to come home, relax, and enjoy a stress-free environment. A pest that can ruin a comfortable evening is fleas. Fleas are tough to kill, hard to catch, and annoying; they cause you to constantly scratch your head, arms, and other body parts.
If you are tired of fleas biting you, you need the Waco pest control team from EnviroGuard. Our experts know about fleas, where they hide, and how to eliminate them so you can relax in your Waco home.
How To Identify A Flea In Waco
Fleas in Waco are six-legged, wingless parasites that eat up to 15 times their body weight in blood daily! Fleas have 1/2 inch long dark brown or black flattened body. The large hind legs on their body enable them to jump as high as 13 inches.
Due to their size and quickness, fleas are difficult to see. A sign of a flea infestation is the pepper-like, dark excrement often on pets or in their sleeping area. If you see flea excrement (also called "flea dirt") in bedding, you need the professionals from EnviroGuard to get rid of fleas in your Waco home.
Can Fleas Carry Disease?
More than 2,500 flea species are in the world, and more than 300 species make the United States home. The majority of fleas do not affect the health of people, but these different types of fleas in Waco can harm people and animals:
- Cat Flea (Ctenocephalides felis): This flea is not limited to cats but also latches onto dogs and other animals. It transmits Flea-borne (murine) typhus and cat-scratch disease (CSD).
- Dog Flea (Ctenocephalides canis): This flea is not limited to canines but is on other hosts such as cats, rabbits, rats, and humans. This flea species spreads a tapeworm known as Dipylidium.
Fleas feed on blood from their host, and if the host is infected, the flea will spread it to the next host. Minimize the potential for contracting a disease from flea bites by utilizing the technicians at EnviroGuard.
Tips And Tricks To Keep Fleas Away
Implement these tips for flea control in your Waco home:
- Sweep the surfaces where pets sleep, eat, and sit. Cleaning these areas will remove fleas, eggs, and larvae. When finished cleaning, remove the bag from the vacuum and dispose of it in an outdoor, sealed waste can.
- Vacuum crevices in the home. Use a wand attachment to sweep the baseboards, under furniture, behind doors, and other areas. Place the contents from the vacuum in a sealed outdoor container.
- Clean pet beds and blankets in the hottest water possible and dry on the highest setting the fabric can withstand.
- Steam clean furniture and carpets. After the carpet dries, vacuum the carpet.
Natural ways to get rid of fleas in your yard include:
- Removing debris such as leaves and rotten wood from the yard
- Trimming low-hanging vegetation
- Sealing cracks in the foundation
Although these tips will help prevent fleas from overtaking your home, you need additional help for flea removal from professionals such as EnviroGuard for your Waco home. Our team has over 40 years of combined experience in the pest removal industry.
How To Get Fleas Out Of Your Home For Good
EnviroGuard is the best way to get rid of fleas in your Waco house. We use environmentally safe and effective treatments to eliminate fleas in and around your home. Outside the home, we create a flea and tick barrier; in the home's interior, we use an aerosol dispenser to cover all surfaces, furniture, and fabrics. Contact us today, and we will work with you to eliminate fleas from your Waco home so you can relax in your house after a long day of work.