Bryan Residents Make Sure Rodents Stay Out Of Their Home
April 12, 2022
You may love having guests in your Bryan home, but what about rodents? Most Bryan residents can agree that these unwanted pests do far more harm than good. Here’s what local homeowners should know about the types of rodents they may encounter, how dangerous they are, what attracts them, and how to safely get rid of them with pest control in Bryan, TX.
What Are The Types Of Property-Invading Rodents?
It should be no surprise that plenty of rodents love Texas’ warm, sunny climate, including:
- House mice: House mice can grow up to four inches long and have round bodies, beady eyes, and cream-colored bellies. They enjoy building nests with any soft material that they can find and tend to build them near a food source if possible.
- Roof rats: Roof rats are excellent climbers and may climb trees to get onto rooftops and enter attics or open windows. They have long tails and slender bodies, making it easier for them to climb.
- Norway rats: Norway rats are heavier and bulkier than roof rats, so you won’t often find them trying to climb. These rats prefer to burrow in through basements or ground-level floors.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Rodents On My Property?
Unfortunately, rodents in Bryan can be extremely dangerous for you and your home, and here’s how:
- Rodents can spread dangerous diseases, including the plague, hantavirus, tularemia, and rat-bite fever through feces, urine, and sometimes bites or scratches.
- Rodents can cause significant property damage in your home by chewing holes to get inside, eating through insulation, or nibbling on electrical wires.
- Rodents may pick up other parasites, like ticks, fleas, or mites, before they enter your home and then bring these blood-suckers inside with them.
All The Factors That Attract Rodents To Your Property
While rodents can sometimes end up in homes by accident, most rodents target homes they find attractive. Some of the factors that can lure rodents into your Bryan home include:
- Leftovers, food scraps, crumbs, or even dirty dishes that have been left sitting out in the open.
- Excess clutter and other materials allow rodents to create nests inside your home.
- An easy water source, like leaky pipes, faucets, or other drainage issues that will allow rodents to hydrate themselves.
- Open trash cans that are left outside your home may eventually draw rodents inside for more warmth and shelter.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Rodents And Keep Them Away
Rodents are extremely opportunistic pests, and they’ll take any chance to get inside your Bryan home. As dangerous as they can be, the safest way to rid your Bryan home of rodents is with professional help from EnviroGuard.
Our specialists have the reliable, effective treatments and solutions you need to get rodents out of your home, and our job won’t be done until these pests have left for good. If you think you may have a rodent infestation, there’s only one thing to do – call us today at EnviroGuard to hear more about our rodent control services or to schedule an inspection of your home.