Everything You Have Always Wanted To Know About The Fleas In Laredo
July 25, 2022
Do you have a flea problem in your home? If so, you are not alone. Fleas are common pests that can be found all over the world — including in Laredo. EnviroGuard will discuss everything you have ever wanted to know about these pesky insects. We will cover why they may be attracted to your house, whether they can live on humans and bite them, and how to get rid of fleas in your home for good with Laredo pest control.
What Is Attracting Fleas To My House?
There are a few reasons why fleas might be attracted to your house:
- Your pets: Fleas are most commonly found on animals, as they use them for food. If you have pets in your home, they may be bringing fleas inside without you even realizing it.
- Other animals: Even if you do not have pets, animals such as rodents or birds can carry fleas into your home.
- Your yard: If you have a lot of foliage in your yard, this can provide a perfect environment for fleas to thrive.
To top it off, fleas prefer warm, humid climates. which is why they are so common in Laredo!
Can Fleas Live On Humans?
One common misconception about fleas is that they can live on humans. While it is true that fleas can bite humans, they cannot live on them. One reason is because human blood does not have enough iron for fleas to survive. Additionally, the temperature of our skin is usually too hot for fleas; they prefer cooler temperatures.
Fleas are more likely to infest homes with pets, as they provide a perfect environment for them to thrive. Make sure to keep your pets clean and groomed and consult with your veterinarian about year-round flea prevention to prevent fleas from taking over your home.
Can Fleas Bite People?
While fleas cannot live on humans, they can bite humans and cause irritation, discomfort, and even disease. Flea bites on humans usually appear as small red bumps on the skin and can be very itchy. If you have been bitten by a flea, you may also experience hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing. If you think you have been bitten by a flea, it is important to wash the area with soap and water and consult a doctor.
How Can I Eliminate All Of The Fleas From My Home?
There are a few things you can do to prevent a flea infestation in your home:
- Vacuum regularly: This will help to remove any fleas or eggs that may be in your carpeting.
- Wash your bedding frequently: Fleas love to hide in fabrics, so make sure to wash your sheets, blankets, and pillowcases often.
- Keep your pets clean: Give your pets a bath regularly and brush their fur to remove any fleas or eggs.
- Trim your grass: Long grass provides a perfect environment for fleas to thrive, so make sure to keep your lawn short.
- Eliminate other pests: If you have other pests in your home (such as rodents), they may be attracting fleas.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to keep fleas out of your home for good. However, if you're finding you can't get rid of fleas on your own, a professional pest control service can help.
How Can Eliminate All Of The Fleas From My Home?
If you have them, it is important to get rid of fleas in your home as soon as possible. Fleas can multiply quickly, so the longer you wait to take action, the worse the problem will become.
The best way to get rid of fleas in your Laredo home is to contact a professional pest control company, like EnviroGuard. We have more than 40 years of combined experience dealing with these and all sorts of other pests in the area. We'll determine the best flea treatment course for your home and prevent them from coming back. Contact us today for a free quote.