How To Make Sure The Laredo Flies Don't Live Rent-Free In Your Home
July 24, 2022
It's the middle of summer, and those pesky Laredo flies are back! No one wants these buzzing insects living rent-free in their home; it's important to take the necessary steps to deter them. EnviroGuard will go over basic facts about flies, including why they are attracted to your home and how you can keep them from invading your space. We'll also provide some helpful Laredo pest control tips to get rid of flies so you can enjoy a pest-free summer!
Why Do Flies Want To Live In Your Home?
There are several reasons why flies are attracted to your home. One reason is that they're looking for a food source. Flies are drawn to garbage cans, pet food bowls, and dirty dishes because they contain rotting food that the flies can eat. Another reason flies might be interested in your home is that they're looking for a place to lay their eggs. Flies can lay 500 eggs at a time, so if there's a female fly in your home, she's likely looking for a place to start her family. Finally, since flies are attracted to moisture, they may be coming into your home in search of water.
Why Flies May Be Drawn To Your Window Sill
There are a few reasons why flies might be congregating on your window sill. One possibility is that they're trying to get into your home and are using the windowsill as a landing pad. Another possibility is that they're attracted to the light coming from inside your home. If you have a fly problem, it's essential to keep your windows closed as much as possible to prevent flies from getting inside.
Ways To Deter Indoor Flies
If you're dealing with a fly infestation, you can do a few things to get rid of them.
Here's how to keep flies away from your home:
- Keep your garbage cans clean and covered. Flies are attracted to garbage cans because they contain rotting food. If you keep your trash can clean and covered, it will be less appealing to flies.
- Empty pet food bowls regularly. Like garbage cans, flies are attracted to pet food bowls because they contain food. Empty your pet's food bowl regularly and wash it with soap and water to deter flies.
- Don't leave dirty dishes in the sink. Flies are also attracted to dirty dishes because they contain decomposing food. If you don't want flies in your home, wash your dishes as soon as you finish using them.
If you're dealing with a severe fly problem, it's best to call a professional like EnviroGuard for help. We will be able to identify the source of your fly problem and get rid of the flies for good.
Helpful Fly Prevention Tactics For Laredo Residents
The best way to deal with flies is to prevent them from coming into your home in the first place. Here are a few fly prevention tactics:
- Keep your windows and doors closed to prevent flies in your yard from getting into your home.
- Use screens on your windows and doors. Screens will keep flies out while still allowing air to circulate.
- Fix any leaks in your home. Flies are attracted to moisture, so if you have any leaks, fix them right away.
- Keep your house clean. A clean home is less attractive to flies than a dirty one. Make sure to sweep and mop your floors and dust your surfaces regularly.
- Try essential oils to get rid of flies. Citronella, eucalyptus, and lavender oil are all effective at repelling flies.
By following these tips, you can enjoy a fly-free summer! If you're still having an issue with these insects, the best way to get rid of house flies is to contact a professional in Laredo pest control like EnviroGuard. Our locally owned and operated company has over 40 years of combined experience dealing with flies and other pests. We'd be happy to help you get rid of your fly problem for good. Call us today and get started on our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services.