How To Prevent German Cockroaches In Austin
August 07, 2022
German cockroaches are one of the most pervasive species and can easily cause significant infestation problems across your Austin property. Our article aims to help you understand how to prevent cockroaches in Austin via convenient prevention tips and the help of Austin pest control.
Hidden Insects: Rooting Out The Hidden German Cockroaches
One of the main problems with a German cockroach infestation is this insect’s skill in hiding out around your property. They will infiltrate the hardest-to-reach areas of your property and can stay put there for long periods. Favorite hiding places of German cockroaches include areas with darkness, warmth, and a bit of moisture, such as under kitchen cabinets, in bathrooms, and under appliances.
Certain cockroach control products, like store-bought baits, can help you bring German cockroaches out of their hiding areas. Still, the most reliable way to reduce German cockroaches and root out the hidden ones is to reach out to the professionals at EnviroGuard for further assistance.
Phases Of The German Cockroach Lifecycle
German cockroaches are prolific and tend to reproduce quickly – this is what makes them a serious problem as only a handful of cockroaches can create major issues. The German cockroach lifecycle has three primary phases: egg, nymph, and adult. This cycle takes approximately 100 days to complete. It is essential to remove cockroaches at all life stages during German cockroach treatment, or you will be at high risk for reinfestation. It is also important to note that German cockroaches will continually breed as adults, leading to vast numbers of pests in your home if you don’t call EnviroGuard for help.
German Cockroach Prevention Tips For Austin Residents
Follow these easy prevention tips if you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches and deter infestation:
- Seal up cracks around your property’s windows, doors, and foundation to keep German cockroaches from slipping inside.
- Dispose of all trash promptly in tightly sealed bags.
- Use trash cans with lids when possible to keep out scavenging cockroaches.
- Reduce access to outdoor pet food and compost piles.
- Keep any grass cut low and remove outdoor debris so cockroaches won’t want to hide around your property.
- Store leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in food pantry areas.
- Declutter your property and clean pantry areas frequently to deter cockroaches from settling in.
- Fix moisture issues that may create excess water pools, as these attract cockroaches and other pests to your property.
These tips can help you reduce cockroaches around your property and potentially prevent a German cockroach infestation. However, if you are still dealing with cockroach invasions after following these tips, contact EnviroGuard for assistance with total roach removal.
Professional German Cockroach Extermination In Austin
When it comes to exterminating German cockroaches, you should be relying on the pest control professionals at EnviroGuard to assist you. We can locate even the most obscure German cockroach hiding spots and eradicate all traces and life stages of roaches so that your property is safe from the many health and destruction risks that this pest brings.
So, instead of reaching for your DIY methods and a flashlight to hunt down those pesky German cockroaches, contact EnviroGuard at the first signs of cockroach infestation and let us take care of this pest the professional way.