Keep Those Pesky Flies Out Of Your Laredo Home
February 14, 2022
Flies can be some of the most annoying spring and summertime pests in Laredo, but unfortunately, they can also be hazardous to your health. There are all kinds of different species of flies in Texas, and each one brings its unique problems into your home. If you don't know how to prevent flies from infesting your home and property, as well as what makes flies go away, there's no time like the present to learn something new.
How Flies Can Be Dangerous In Your Laredo Home
Even though there are over 100,000 different species of flies globally, there aren't nearly as many that regularly infest Laredo homes and properties. Filth flies, such as cluster flies and drain flies, and biting flies, such as horse flies and black flies, are the most common species that plague homes and properties in the United States. Their activity in your home can cause some cosmetic damage, since they can stain walls and furniture with their excrement, and they can also attract other carnivorous pests into your home, but the biggest problem they bring is spreading various diseases:
- Typhoid Fever
- Intestinal worms
- Epidemic conjunctivitis
Helpful Fly Prevention Tips For Your Laredo Home
Flies are attracted to different things, depending on the weather and time of year. For spring and summer, flies are attracted to places that provide ample food and water with minimal predators, and for fall and winter flies look for warm, secure places where they can either shelter in place during the cold months or lay eggs that will lay dormant until warm weather. While Laredo doesn't see too much cold weather, the latter is much less likely, but you're always better off safe than sorry when it comes to preventing flies:
- Keep tight-fitting lids on all indoor and outdoor trash cans
- Make sure your exterior property is clean and tidy – remove any mulch and leaf piles from your property, as well as branches, twigs, and other miscellaneous debris
- Clean up all outdoor cooking and dining areas immediately after eating
- Replace any worn-down weather stripping around doors and windows
- Ensure that all window and door screens are undamaged and intact
- Seal up any potential entry points around the exterior of your home, from foundation to roof
- Wipe down counters and food prep areas daily
- Keep food stored in airtight containers
- Wash all fresh produce when you bring it home from the store
- Never leave food or dirty dishes sitting out overnight
The Best Way To Control Fly Populations Around Your Laredo Property
Whether you're dealing with cluster flies, drain flies, house flies, horse flies, or black flies, trying to control an infestation on your own will never turn out the way you want it to. You need professional help, and nothing makes flies go away faster than our pest experts at EnviroGuard.
At EnviroGuard, we understand how important it is to maintain a safe, pest-free household. We never cut corners or try to save money with inferior products. We use environmentally-friendly methods that are low on harsh chemicals and safe for families. We keep our prices low so that our customers can enjoy the pest-free homes they deserve without breaking the bank. You shouldn't have to struggle with dangerous pests such as flies in your Laredo home this year. Get in contact with us today to schedule your inspection and first appointment.