Prevention Tips To Deal With Bed Bugs In San Antonio
August 01, 2022
Bed bugs have been making a comeback in recent years, and San Antonio is no exception. If you're worried that you might have an infestation, or if you've already started seeing the telltale signs, don't panic. There are ways to prevent them from taking over your home, and professional pest control in San Antonio can help. EnviroGuard will go over everything you need to know about bed bug control: how to identify them, why they're so hard to get rid of, and what you can do to keep them from coming back.
Simple Ways To Identify A Bed Bug Infestation
One of the most common signs of a bed bug infestation is bites. Bed bugs are attracted to the warmth and carbon dioxide that humans emit, so they tend to bite people who are sleeping. The bites are small, red, and often appear in a line or cluster. If you wake up with bites that you didn't have when you went to bed, it's a good sign that you have bed bugs.
Another way to tell if you have bed bugs is to look for them directly. These tiny, brown, and flat insects are not always easy to spot. They tend to hide in cracks and crevices near where people sleep, so check the seams of your mattress and box spring, as well as any cracks in the bed frame. You can also look for tiny black dots on your sheets or pillowcases, which are bed bug feces.
If you suspect that you have bed bugs, it's important to act quickly by contacting a professional bed bug control service in San Antonio like EnviroGuard. Bed bugs reproduce quickly and can spread to other areas of your home, so the sooner you get rid of them, the better.
Three Reasons Bed Bugs Are So Difficult To Get Rid Of
Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of for a few reasons:
- They're experts at hiding.
- They reproduce quickly.
- They spread easily.
These reasons make bed bugs one of the most difficult pests to get rid of. But there are things you can do to prevent them from taking over your home.
Everyday Bed Bug Prevention Tips
There are a few simple bed bug control techniques for your home that you should implement right away:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free: Bed bugs are attracted to places that are dirty or have a lot of clutter, so keeping your home clean and tidy can help deter them.
- Inspect secondhand furniture and clothing: If you're buying used furniture or clothes, inspect them carefully for bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming can help get rid of bed bugs that are already in your home, and it can also help prevent them from spreading.
Taking some preventive measures can guard you and your family against bed bugs. However, if you do end up with a bed bug infestation, don't hesitate to call a professional for pest control to kill the bed bugs in your home.
Homeowner's Guide To Buying Bed Bug Control
When hiring a professional bed bug control service, there are a few things to consider:
- Experience: Make sure the company you're considering has experience dealing with bed bugs.
- Methods: Find out what methods they use to get rid of bed bugs, and make sure they're effective and safe for your home.
- Preventive services: Make sure the company offers long-term prevention plans to keep bed bugs from coming back.
At EnviroGuard, we have more than 40 years of combined experience in local pest control for bed bugs and other pests in San Antonio. We use a variety of effective and environmentally friendly methods to get rid of bed bugs, and we offer long-term prevention plans to keep your home bed bug-free. Contact us today to learn more about our home pest control and commercial pest control services in San Antonio or to schedule a free quote.