Signs You May Need Commercial Pest Control In Huntsville, AL
March 26, 2022
Some people assume that pest control is only necessary for residential homes, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Commercial buildings and businesses are just as likely to have pest problems, and in some cases, they can be even more likely to deal with certain kinds of pests. Having a pest infestation in your Huntsville business can lead to revenue loss and harm your reputation, so it’s essential to know why commercial pest control is so important.
The Pests That Invade Huntsville Businesses
Pretty much any pest in Huntsville that invades homes could also invade businesses, but the kind of commercial property you have does make a difference. Certain businesses will attract certain types of pests. For example, cockroaches are often found in factories or restaurants. Rodents can invade almost anywhere, but they also tend to prefer places that have easy access to food. Then, bed bugs are often found in apartment buildings, hotels, or even office buildings.
All The Ways Pest Can Damage A Huntsville Business
Having pests in Huntsville inside your business isn’t just a nuisance, although it is that. These pest infestations can also pose health and safety risks, and some are also rather destructive. Here are some of the specific problems that pests can bring to your business or commercial property:
- Cockroaches spread dozens of diseases, including dysentery, gastroenteritis, and typhoid fever.
- Rodents can spread rat-bite fever, salmonella, and hantavirus. They can also damage property as they will chew through almost anything.
- Bed bugs can lead to anemia or secondary infections, and they are also challenging to remove.
- Pantry pests can get into food products and lead to many items being discarded.
Keep in mind that having just a pest or two around can ruin the reputation of your business. Your employees and customers could be put at risk, and people won’t want to frequent your establishment if they see pests around.
Pest Prevention Tips For Huntsville Businesses
It can be difficult to remove pest problems on your own once they invade, but there are some things you can do to prevent pests before they become a problem. Here are some of the best pest control tips you can take around your business:
- Keep pests out by sealing up holes in the walls and foundation. Also, make sure that doors and windows are sealed correctly and kept closed as much as possible.
- Regularly clean and follow safety and health protocols specific to your industry.
- Instruct any employees to report signs of pest problems right away.
- Reduce moisture problems by fixing leaky pipes and faucets. Also, remove standing water from the property.
- Seek commercial pest control assistance from the experts at EnviroGuard
How To Make Sure Pests Stay Away From Your Huntsville Business
While it’s a good idea to follow some pest prevention tips on your own, the best way to protect against pests in Huntsville is with help from the pros at EnviroGuard. We offer commercial pest control plans that address all the common pests in the area. We can protect your business and the people that manage it so that you can keep your company thriving while maintaining safety for those around you. Just give us a call today to learn more about pest control plans and get started.