Spider Wars: How To Win The Battle Against Arachnids In Corpus Christi
August 18, 2023
Pests wage unseen wars around our properties, fighting for resources and hunting one another to gain supremacy over our homes and the survival advantages they provide. Spiders are one of the biggest sources of this conflict, as these pests hunt bugs and leave visible signs of their presence in the form of webs left around your property.
To avoid your property becoming a battlefield, get spider control in Corpus Christi from EnviroGuard that’s comprehensive and protective.
Spider Behavior: How They Hunt, Feed, And Mate
Unlike other pests that invade our yards and structures because of the food sources that are naturally found there, spiders instead invade because other pests are already there. Spiders hunt smaller prey, and they can even exist outside when it’s cold. That means spotting spiders around your Corpus Christi property is a sign you need to act on general pest control.
At EnviroGuard, we can deal with all types of spiders that might invade your yard or home, using safe and effective methods. Learn how we can help you in Corpus Christi, Texas, by contacting us today.
Spider Problems: Why You Don't Want These Arachnids In Your Home
There are a variety of spiders in Texas that pose more threats to you and your loved ones than common house spiders do. Here are some species of spiders that you definitely don’t want to have lurking around your property:
- Black widows: Known for their signature red hourglass pattern on their undersides, black widows are one of the most venomous spiders in North America. They prefer dark, woody environments.
- Brown recluses: Another venomous species common to this part of the world, brown recluses are even scarier because they can easily be mistaken for other common brown spiders.
- House spiders: This is a catch-all term for other spiders that commonly invade our yards and homes. Although common house spiders are not a threat to humans, you nevertheless don’t want them in your home, either. Spiders are signs of larger pest problems, so letting professionals take care of them quickly can help you avoid worse species moving in, too.
Avoid spiders and their bites by contacting EnviroGuard today.
Preventing Spider Invasions: Practical Tips And Tricks
Because pests can be so difficult to get rid of once they hunker down in the hidden areas of our properties, it’s important to get started on pest prevention early on rather than once you’ve noticed the signs of an infestation.
To that end, here are some common spider prevention techniques you should be implementing and regularly considering in Corpus Christi:
- Landscaping and wood storage: Many spider species prefer dark, damp, and woody areas. This means proper landscaping in your yard can keep their natural habitats to a minimum, as can keeping stored wood well away from your home’s exterior.
- Access points: Spiders can utilize small cracks or holes in your walls, not to mention in your window screens and door jambs, to gain access. Consider repairing this kind of damage or installing products that provide more protection around these common entry points.
- Pest control: Because spiders are drawn to properties with other pests already on them, you really need comprehensive pest control to fully remove the factors that attract spiders.
If you need to get rid of spiders in your home or want more prevention tips, turn to EnviroGuard today.
Professional Pest Control: A Great Spider Control Solution
Instead of trying to deal with spiders on your own or clamp down on all the other pests that might attract them to your property in the first place, turn to spider control experts who can give you the best fighting chance of avoiding an infestation. EnviroGuard provides proven pest treatments and ongoing inspections that ensure you’re never caught off guard by invasive species or the factors that draw them to your home.
The best option for local home pest control in Corpus Christi is EnviroGuard. Contact us today to get started.