The Key To Keeping Flies Away From Your Corpus Christi Home
August 09, 2022
Learning how to get rid of flies may seem like a completely overwhelming task, especially when you are actively dealing with an infestation of this pest. However, with the help of prevention tips and Corpus Christi pest control, you can control and eliminate all different species of flies that invade your home.
Types Of Flies You Can Find Inside Corpus Christi Homes
There are several different types of flies present around Corpus Christi, but there are some types that you are much more likely to encounter in your home than others. These nuisance fly species include:
- House Flies
- Drain Flies
- Fruit Flies
- Bottle Flies
These species can easily invade your home and cause significant issues; all fly types carry diseases because of the areas they land on (such as dumpsters, organic waste, or rotting food and animals). The best way to catch flies and prevent illnesses among those in your home is to contact EnviroGuard at the first signs of fly infestation.
Why Do Flies Sit On Humans?
Flies are attracted to the warmth that humans give off, but they also love to feed on the oils and sweat on our skin. These are some of a fly’s favorite foods, and they will sit on humans specifically so they can use their soft mouthparts to suck these secretions off of our skin. Obviously, this is unpleasant to think of, but it is also important to note that flies can transfer bacteria and illnesses to your skin. The longer a fly is on you, the higher your chance of germs covering your skin is and potentially making you sick.
The House Flies And Other Filthy Flies Prevention Tips
Specific fly prevention tips and home remedies to catch flies can help you deter infestations of this pest around your home. Follow this advice to reduce your chances of picking up a fly infestation:
- Proper hygiene and sanitation are crucial to preventing fly infestations. Ensure that trash is sealed up tightly and disposed of promptly, don’t leave out dirty dishes or leftover food, and clean up food and drink spills immediately.
- Outside, make sure that you pick up pet waste as soon as possible to stop flies from being attracted by the aroma.
- Use trash cans with lids when possible and cover up outdoor compost piles. Also, reduce access to outdoor pet food.
- Keep your drains clean and clear to stop a build-up of dirt and organic matter from becoming a breeding ground for flies.
- Ensure windows and doors stay closed when possible and install window and door screens to keep all types of flies out of your home.
After following these steps, if you find that you are still struggling with flies, you should contact EnviroGuard for more advice and targeted pest control solutions that will remove your fly issues.
Professional Indoor Fly Reduction Services In Corpus Christi
The best way to kill flies and prevent infestations of this pest is to trust our professionals at EnviroGuard. Our experienced team will be able to help you identify what type of fly infestation you have and will offer effective, targeted solutions that ensure this pest is fully taken care of and removed from your home.
So, don’t hesitate to contact EnviroGuard at the first sign of flies around your home. Reach out and request your free inspection today.