The Trick To Discovering Silverfish Infestations In Bryan, TX
March 11, 2022
How much do you know about silverfish? Do you know that they are tiny insects that have a fish-like shape when you look at them from above, or that they wiggle like a fish when they run? Do you know they're attracted to moist or humid spaces? The trick to discovering a silverfish infestation before these insects can damage your stuff or get into your food is to learn a few essential facts about them.
Let's look at silverfish identification, warning signs of silverfish activity, safety concerns related to silverfish, and how professional pest control in Bryan is the best way to get rid of silverfish problems. If you know you have silverfish already and you want to request a silverfish treatment, you can jump to our contact page and reach out to us immediately for service.
What Do Silverfish In Bryan Look Like?
The first step in any pest control plan is to properly identify the pest that is causing problems. The information gathered in a pest control inspection is used to select products and methods. You can use silverfish identification to help you detect these insects in your home. You can also use it to establish what you can expect from the insects you're seeing in your home. Positive identification is very helpful.
- Adult silverfish are between ½ and ¾ inches. They are usually silver in coloration. They're shaped like a fish when you look at one from above. They have two antennae and three appendages on the tips of their abdomens. And, like all insects, they have six legs.
- Silverfish don't have a larval stage. They start life as nymphs, which look like adults, only smaller.
- You may not recognize a silverfish in your house if you see a baby silverfish. They can be much smaller than the adults - sometimes as small as ¼ of an inch. This is incredibly small. A little baby silverfish is so small that you're going to have a hard time seeing that it is a silverfish, unless you get in close and examine it.
Signs Of Silverfish In Your Bryan House
The most obvious warning sign is to actually see a silverfish. Unfortunately, you can have lots of silverfish in your home and never see them. As an example, you can have silverfish in attic spaces and not have them appearing in the rest of your home. So, along with being able to identify these insects, you need to know where they hide if you want to uncover a silverfish infestation.
- You may find silverfish in attic voids, especially if it is humid up there. Look for these insects crawling around or inspect insulation for silverfish droppings. The feces of silverfish will look like tiny black specks.
- You're likely to find silverfish in any space that is damp. If you have plumbing issues, these areas should be checked first.
- Silverfish often hide in bathroom voids because bathrooms tend to be humid. You might uncover a silverfish infestation if you use a flashlight to check voids, cracks, and gaps.
- You might find silverfish in food storage areas. Look behind, under, and between packaged items. Look for silverfish droppings as well.
Do Silverfish In Bryan Bite?
How concerned should you be about silverfish in your house? Do they bite? No. They don't bite. They scrape. You don't need to worry about getting a silverfish bite. The concern with these pests is that they damage property and lay their eggs in stored foods.
How To Get Rid Of Silverfish In Your Bryan Home
The best way to get rid of silverfish in Bryan is to contact EnviroGuard and request a silverfish treatment. Our pest professionals use detailed and systematic methods to make sure no silverfish remain. These pests hide in voids. If you attempt to use DIY methods and products, you could have them reappearing over and over, and they can continue to present a threat to your property. Reach out to EnviroGuard today for assistance.