The Trick To Effective Cockroach Control For Waco Properties
October 21, 2021
Cockroach control can be a challenge on Waco properties, thanks to their skill at hiding and infiltrating every area of your home. Fortunately, cockroach prevention and professional cockroach treatments can help control these insects.
There are a few common area cockroaches that you may encounter on your Waco property, including the American cockroach, the German cockroach, and the oriental cockroach. All of these types of cockroaches are formidable to deal with and can be difficult to remove from your home or business entirely. In fact, the cockroach lifespan without food can be up to a month, and these creatures can survive without a head for up to a week and tolerate extreme temperatures.
Additionally, while most people know that cockroaches are gross, most don’t know exactly how dangerous they truly are. These pests prefer to hang out in areas such as sewers, dumpsters, and on top of waste regularly, picking up both bacteria and pathogens that they then track into your home. Cockroaches can spread diseases such as cholera, dysentery, gastroenteritis, giardia, listeriosis, and salmonellosis, so it is important that you invest in cockroach prevention and professional cockroach control to stop infestations before they can happen.
What Keeps Cockroaches Away?
If you are wondering what keeps cockroaches away, investing in cockroach prevention tactics is your best bet. The tips below can help keep cockroaches away and deter an infestation from starting up in the first place.
- It is essential to identify and seal any potential cockroach entry points around your home, such as gaps and cracks in your foundation, windows, and doors. Also, replace broken window and door screens and update weatherstripping.
- Proper food and trash storage is another important step. Make sure that all food waste and trash are placed into tightly sealed bags and disposed of promptly. You should also refrain from leaving out leftover food, dirty dishes, or neglecting food and drink spills.
- Declutter your home often to remove hiding places for cockroaches that do manage to get inside. Make sure to concentrate on food storage areas, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements.
- Make sure you keep your yard clear of debris, especially organic debris like rotting frut, and that the grass stays trimmed low to reduce the number of outdoor hiding places for roaches and deter them from staying on your property.
- Cockroaches seek areas of moisture, so be sure to address moisture issues inside and outside your house. You will want to fix all leaks and overflowing gutters to prevent cockroaches and other pests from being drawn to your home.
Keep Cockroaches Away For Good
Cockroach prevention can only go so far, and a cockroach infestation will quickly get out of control if left untreated. These pests can infiltrate the hardest to reach areas of your house and reproduce rapidly, often surviving long periods without a constant food source. Instead of struggling with hit or miss DIY methods, you should contact EnviroGuard for total cockroach elimination. Our professionals can control all types of cockroaches that may be invading your home and ensure that your home stays pest-free.