What Is The Key To Getting Rid Of Pavement Ants In San Antonio
April 02, 2022
As their name suggests, pavement ants spend a lot of time building their colonies in the cracks of concrete or sidewalks, but they don’t always stay outside. Pavement ants often wander inside San Antonio homes, so how do you get rid of them? Here’s what San Antonio homeowners should know about getting rid of pavement ants on their properties, what attracts them inside, and how to keep them away permanently with pest control in San Antonio.
How Do I Get Rid Of Pavement Ants On My Property?
If you’re finding pavement ants crawling across countertops and contaminating your home, what are some ways you can get rid of them?
- Make sure you seal off any cracks or crevices with caulk or foam so that there’s no way for more pavement ants to enter your home.
- Don’t leave any food products, dirty dishes, or other leftovers sitting out where pavement ants may be able to access them.
- Regularly disinfect your countertops, tables, and anywhere else where you prepare or eat food.
- Don’t leave rotting food in an open garbage can, and make sure you’re regularly emptying trash and compost piles.
- Try placing ant baits and traps in high activity areas, which can help reduce the presence of pavement ants around your home.
Keep in mind that these methods can repel or reduce pavement ant populations around your property, but the best way to get rid of these ants is with the help of professional pest control like EnviroGuard.
What Attracts Pavement Ants In San Antonio?
Pavement ants usually enter your home because something has lured them there. Their colonies may be outside, but pavement ants still need food, and that’s usually the biggest motivation for coming inside your San Antonio home. Here are some of the factors that attract pavement ants:
- Food sources: Almost anything edible can serve as a food source for pavement ants, but they’re especially attracted to sweets and protein sources.
- Humidity and moisture: Pavement ants seek out moisture, so drainage issues and humid rooms can create popular hang-out spots for these ants. This includes issues around your property, like flooded gutters, birdbaths, or puddles that pavement ants can build their colonies nearby.
- Warmth: Like other pests, pavement ants often enter homes in order to escape harsh weather conditions. However, they are generally more attracted to homes that also offer access to food and water.
How To Get Rid Of Pavement Ants Permanently
In addition to reducing attractions that may draw pavement ants inside and using natural methods to get them out of your home, the most effective way to get rid of pavement ants is with the help of EnviroGuard.
Our eco-friendly, reliable treatments will do more than just temporarily get rid of pavement ants – they’ll get these pests out of your home permanently. If you’re spotting pavement ants, or another type of ant, in your San Antonio home, there’s only one permanent solution. Call us today at EnviroGuard to schedule an inspection of your property or learn more about ant pest control for your San Antonio home.