What It Takes To Get Rid Of An Ant Problem In Your Waco Home
August 09, 2023
Ants invading your Waco home bring nothing but trouble as they scavenge around interior and exterior areas. To protect your property from these pests, professional ant control in Waco and expert ant prevention tips are essential.
Identifying Common Ant Species
Ants may be small, but they bring big problems when they invade your Waco home. And when it comes to dealing with an ant infestation on your property, it’s important to properly identify the common ant species you are dealing with so that treatments can be totally tailored to your property’s ant control needs.
The most common types of ants in Waco include fire ants, pavement ants, pharaoh ants, and Argentine ants. Fire ants are fairly recognizable, as they tend to nest outside and have a reddish color. Pavement ants make their homes under pavement or cement and are dark in color, pharaoh ants are tiny and yellow or light brown, and Argentine ants are dark brown, invasive, and aggressive.
For assistance identifying the ants around your Waco home, contact EnviroGuard today.
Ants In The Home Can Be A Bigger Problem Than You Think
Even though ants are common pests and many people think nothing of seeing these insects around their homes, ant infestations can be a bigger problem than you would think. Ants carry bacteria and pathogens with them, and as they invade interior areas, they spread bacteria such as E. coli, shigella, and salmonella across food storage and preparation areas.
Additionally, ants may bite or sting those around your home, which may be nothing more than a nuisance itch, but could also be incredibly painful and trigger allergic reactions. Fire ants, in particular, are known for their painful stings, while Argentine ants are aggressive and will deliver multiple bites when given the opportunity.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House
The best way to get rid of ants in your house is to skip the DIY and store-bought treatments and contact EnviroGuard at the first signs of these insects. Our service professionals are skilled in ant identification and removal, and we’ll work with you to understand your property’s ant treatment needs so we can effectively eliminate all traces of ants.
With our help, your Waco ant problem will be dealt with in no time, and your property will be safe from the problems these pests bring. Contact us today to get your free quote.
Tips To Prevent Ants From Returning
The following ant prevention tips help stops ant invaders from returning after EnviroGuard has treated your property for these pests:
- Seal up any cracks around your home’s foundation or utility lines, and make sure to repair broken window or door screens so that ants are kept outside.
- Utilize weatherstripping and door sweeps to keep ants out of interior areas.
- Make sure outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting lids and cover compost piles in addition to removing access to outdoor pet food.
- Clear outdoor areas of long grasses, debris piles, and woodpiles to reduce easy ant hiding spots.
- Clean up food and drink spills promptly, store leftover food properly, and refrain from leaving out trash or dirty dishes around both interior and exterior areas, as the aroma will attract ants and other pests.
- Address moisture issues around your property, as damp conditions and excess pools of water often encourage ants to settle around your home.
For more helpful ant prevention advice or to get started with effective home pest control for your Waco home, contact our service professionals at EnviroGuard today.