Where Are The German Cockroaches Hiding In My Waco Home?
June 23, 2022
If you're like most people, the last thing you want is a German cockroach infestation in your home. These pesky bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of and can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time. We will discuss German cockroaches - one of the most common cockroaches found in homes. We'll cover how to spot them, basic cockroach facts, prevention tips, and how to get rid of cockroaches for good with EnviroGuard's professional pest control in Waco!
Hidden Insects: Rooting Out The Hidden German Cockroaches
German cockroaches are small, brown insects that measure about 1/2 an inch long. They have two dark stripes on their backs and can run quickly. German cockroaches are good at hiding and are found in a variety of places in your home, including:
- Underneath appliances
- In cracks and crevices
- In cabinets and cupboards
- Inside drawers
- Near sources of food and water
- Inside electronics
If you suspect you have German cockroaches in your home, it's important to act quickly. These pests reproduce quickly, and an infestation can quickly get out of control.
Phases Of The German Cockroach Lifecycle
German cockroaches reproduce quickly and can produce up to six generations per year. A female German cockroach can lay up to 50 eggs at a time, and these eggs hatch in about 28 days; once the eggs hatch, the nymphs (baby cockroaches) go through a series of molts before they reach adulthood. The entire process from egg to adult takes about 1/2 to 2 months.
German cockroaches can be a nuisance because they are attracted to food and water. They will also eat just about anything, including soap, toothpaste, and even dead skin cells! German cockroaches are also known to spread disease and can contaminate food with bacteria.
German Cockroach Prevention Tips For Waco Residents
If you want to make sure these pests don't enter your home in the first place, there are a few things you can do now.
Here's how to deter cockroaches from entering your home:
- Keep your home clean and free of food debris. German cockroaches are attracted to food, so the cleaner your home is, the less likely they will infest it.
- Seal up cracks and crevices. German cockroaches can squeeze through tiny spaces, so it's essential to seal up any cracks or crevices in your home, both inside and out.
- Fix leaks. German cockroaches are attracted to moisture, so fixing any leaks in your plumbing will help keep them away.
- Eliminate hiding places. German cockroaches like to hide in dark, cluttered areas. Eliminating clutter and keeping your home well-lit will help deter them.
- Keep your garbage can clean and sealed. German cockroaches are attracted to the smell of waste, so it's important to keep your garbage can clean and sealed tight.
By taking a few preventative measures such as these, you can keep German cockroaches and other pests from becoming a problem. If you see any signs of a cockroach infestation, don't hesitate to contact a professional pest control company like EnviroGuard.
Professional German Cockroach Extermination In Waco
If you have German cockroaches in your Waco home, the best way to get rid of them is with professional pest control. EnviroGuard knows a thing or two about German cockroach pest control - We have over 40 years of combined pest control experience. Our experienced technicians will be able to identify the source of the infestation and create a customized treatment plan to eliminate the cockroaches for good. If you're looking for German cockroach prevention or elimination in Waco, give us a call today and get started on our effective home pest control services.