Pest Control In Sioux Falls, SD
When insects and other critters get inside, they can be pests, but they don't have to be. If you have ongoing pest maintenance and appropriate treatments, you can keep pests out. If you've been thinking about getting Minnehaha County pest control, it is good to know what works best and why it works. Join us as we look at residential and commercial pest control in Sioux Falls and offer up tips for two pests that are head and shoulders above the rest.
Residential Pest Control In Sioux Falls
The exterior of your home is the best place to battle pests. When you hire a trained and experienced pest professional, the critters around your Sioux Falls home aren't allowed to become pests inside your home. Here are some of the ways the service team at EnviroGuard gets control of pests before they become a problem.
- We perform a professional inspection to evaluate pest pressures, activity, routes, and conducive conditions.
- We remove webs around your exterior. Doing this does two things. First, it has the potential to remove egg sacs that are attached to webs. A single egg sac can have as many as 400 eggs. The second thing web removal does is deter spiders from making webs. A spider doesn't want all its hard work destroyed. It wants to find an undisturbed area to make a web.
- We detect and remove wasp nests. The most important reason wasps are a problem is that they have a nest-protection instinct. If you have no nests on your property, wasps will have much less reason to become aggressive.
- After taking measures to reduce pest populations around your home, we turn our attention to your exterior walls and apply an exterior treatment to create a barrier pests have a difficult time getting past.
- We treat trouble spots, such as your garage. In the garage, we lay down sticky traps to monitor pest activity.
When pest populations are reduced and potential routes pests use to get into your home are blocked, you will have few, if any, encounters with pests inside your home. If you'd like to learn more about residential pest control in Sioux Falls, SD, reach out to us. We're happy to answer your questions.
Commercial Pest Control In Sioux Falls
No two businesses are exactly the same. While the commercial pest control team here at EnviroGuard will apply certain pest maintenance and treatments as a general practice, we also target the pests that are a unique threat to your business. All of our commercial service plans are customized to meet the needs of our customers. If flies, rodents, bed bugs, German cockroaches, or other common commercial pests are a problem, you can count on our team to provide you with effective and targeted solutions. Connect with us today to schedule service.
How To Tell If Your Sioux Falls Property Has A Termite Problem
Subterranean termites are destructive pests. One reason they are so destructive is that they are incredibly sneaky. You may be able to prevent property damage if you know how to tell that your Sioux Falls property has a termite problem. Here are our best recommendations:
- Termite workers may appear in your yard. Look for pale insects that are about ⅛ of an inch in length. They may be on dead branches or under wood sources in your yard.
- Termite swarmers may reveal themselves. These ⅜ of an inch insects with their long white wings could land on you while you're in your yard. If you see even one swarmer, it is time to contact a licensed professional.
- Subterranean termites create shelter tubes. If you see mud lines on your exterior, it is likely that your home is being damaged by termites.
The warning signs of a subterranean termite infestation are often subtle. Termite identification and routine inspections for mud tubes are essential if you don't have professional termite control.
Why Do I Have Silverfish In My Sioux Falls Home?
At the heart of effective pest control is the ability to get to the heart of the problem. There are many products that will target the symptom, which is the presence of bugs in your home. If you don't address the source, your property will continue to be at risk of damage. In the case of silverfish, there are three important catalysts to having an infestation.
- Before silverfish get into your home, they are attracted to the exterior of your home by organic debris and moisture. If you have stacked wood, leaf piles, or dense vegetation, silverfish will find a suitable environment next to your exterior walls.
- Silverfish enter your home through tiny gaps. If you hope to keep them out, you need to consider using a caulking gun to seal potential entry points around window and door frames, pipes, wire conduits, etc.
- When silverfish get inside, they need to find interior spaces that are humid. If you install a dehumidifier and fix plumbing issues, such as leaky faucets, this will go a long way toward stopping silverfish in their tracks.
If you need more assistance arresting your silverfish infestation, reach out to EnviroGuard for treatment. We will locate and target your silverfish infestation and create a barrier to keep silverfish out.