A Guide To Eliminating House Mice In Lubbock
March 15, 2023
It’s difficult to know what to do when you have a rodent problem in your Lubbock home. They don’t exactly teach us how to handle home ownership problems in school! Luckily, we’ve put together a guide for eliminating house mice from your property.
In this guide, we discuss why having mice in your home is a major health risk, clear signs to look out for to identify a mouse problem, and why it’s so difficult to solve a mouse infestation on your own. Finally, we will tell you which Lubbock pest control company to call to get and keep them out for good.
Clear Signs Of Mice In Your House
When it comes to pests, it can be difficult to know which one might be invading your home. Some pests exude similar signs, such as holes chewed through your favorite food boxes; however, there are some specific signs of mice in your home to look for. Some of these include:
- Mouse droppings: Mouse droppings are about an ⅛ to ¼ of an inch long and rod-shaped, with points at the end. These droppings can either be soft or hard, depending on when you find them.
- Tracks: Look for foot tracks with four-toed prints in the front and five in the back.
- Oil marks on the walls: Mice often leave markings from their oily fur on the walls they travel by.
- A strong smell of mouse urine: Mice communicate through their urine. If there’s an infestation, you’ll likely start to smell this odor.
- Gnaw marks: Mice chew on wood and pretty much any other surface they can sink their teeth into.
- Finding damaged goods around your home, especially your kitchen: Mice will congregate around food sources, making your kitchen a likely hot spot.
If you find any of these signs in your house or actually see a mouse, you likely have a rodent problem.
Why Mice In Your Home Is A Major Health Risk
While some people may find house mice and other types of mice to be cute and cuddly, they pose a major health risk to you and those residing in your home. Mice not only chew through your insulation, burrow themselves in old boxes, and chew through wires behind the walls, but they also carry a myriad of diseases and bacteria they can pass on to you.
Some diseases mice carry can include salmonellosis, tularemia, and LCM. They can also trigger allergies and make breathing even more difficult for people with asthma.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Mice On Your Own
You can purchase many rodent control solutions at the store, but do any of them ever work? Most of the time, these solutions and preventative measures can get rid of mice for a while, but they often end up returning.
The reason it’s so hard to get rid of mice is they’re extremely good at hiding and very resourceful. Because your home has warmth and food, mice will do all they can to make sure they stay in your cozy house.
How Exterminators Get Rid Of Mice
A licensed pest control company like EnviroGuard is your best bet for getting rid of mice completely. Our service professionals get rid of mice using a few different avenues. First, they remove any access points by locating and sealing them. Next, they instruct you on how to remove all possible food sources by using storage containers mice can’t chew through while also suggesting you clean up any loose trash and clean your trash bins. Finally, they set traps in all the clever spots mice are likely hiding. They will only use fumigation as a last resort.
With mouse control services from EnviroGuard, your home will be free of mice in no time. If you’re struggling with a mice infestation, don’t hesitate to call us today.