Are You Having A Hard Time Dealing With Fleas In Laredo?
December 22, 2022
In Texas, fleas are a year-round problem. They are not only bothersome to your pets, but they can also take over your home and cause a variety of problems for you. At EnviroGuard, our Laredo pest control experts know how to deal with various fleas that are found in this area. We'll make sure your home is flea-free and safe for you, your family, and your pets.
Fleas: Facts And Identification
There are a few different types of fleas that are commonly found in Laredo. Most of the fleas are named after the animals that they are most likely to be found on. The common types of fleas in this area include:
- Dog fleas: These are small, dark parasites that can often be mistaken for dirt specks. They thrive in areas where the temperatures are between 65 and 80 degrees.
- Cat fleas: These fleas are one of the most common types of fleas that are found on humans and animals. They are only about 1/8 of an inch long and have strong back legs that allow them to jump up to 13 inches.
- Sticktight fleas: These fleas are commonly referred to as "chicken fleas." This type of flea has a flattened body that they use to embed itself into the skin of chickens.
- Human fleas: These are also known as "house fleas." Fleas do not generally live on people, preferring to reside on other animals like your pets. Instead, they will land on your skin for a few minutes and then hop away.
- Rat fleas: These are one of the most well-known fleas on the list. They are carriers of many diseases and are thought to be the cause of the bubonic plague.
While these fleas are named after a certain animal, all fleas can be found on any animal and can pose health risks.
Can Fleas Bite People?
Yes, fleas can bite humans. Usually, a dog or cat will bring fleas into a home. The fleas are so small that they can hide in between the fibers of your carpet. When you walk by, they will jump on you and bite you on your ankles. They have also been known to hide in your furniture and bite you in various places on your body.
Do-It-Yourself Flea And Tick Control Is Such A Hassle
Getting rid of fleas in your home can be difficult. Many times, do-it-yourself flea and tick treatments do not work. Some of the reasons for this include:
- Flea and tick medications are not applied correctly.
- Essential oil solutions are messy and ineffective
- DIY solutions do not usually target the entire problem. For instance, some options will only eliminate the adult fleas while leaving the larvae and eggs still intact.
Many people choose DIY flea control because they believe that it is a cheaper option. However, many times, you are required to buy several different products in order to see any results. And when the first DIY option does not work, you have to go and purchase more products, which can become exceptionally costly. In the meantime, your infestation is growing larger, mostly out of sight. Rather than wasting time and money on DIY methods, handle the problem right the first time with EnviroGuard.
The Best Way To Completely Eliminate A Flea Infestation
One of the fastest and easiest ways to eliminate fleas from your Laredo home is to hire the professionals at EnviroGuard. If you think that you may have fleas in your home, don't hesitate to contact us today. At your convenience, we can schedule an inspection of your property and come up with a comprehensive plan that will eliminate the fleas for good.