Eco-Friendly Spider Prevention For Waco Residents
May 22, 2022
The fear of spiders is something many of us share. One of the reasons why professional pest control in Waco is so important is because there are many types of spiders here, from common house spiders to venomous spiders. Keep reading to learn how to identify the spiders that might be in your home, how to prevent them naturally, and how EnviroGuard can help your home become spider-free today!
Types Of Spiders In Waco
There are many different kinds of spiders in Waco, but the good news is most of them are common house spiders. However, it is important to know how to tell which ones are harmless and which ones could actually cause some serious damage.
Below are the most common spiders you'll see:
- Wolf spiders are large spiders with stocky bodies and legs covered in hair. While seeing a picture of a wolf spider might have been where your fear of spiders came from, these large arachnids are not harmful to humans, but they are a nuisance.
- Brown recluse spiders are infamously known for having a violin-shaped marking. These brown spiders build chaotic webs in undisturbed places. They are one of the few venomous spiders in Texas.
- Black widow spiders are even more dangerous than the brown recluse and, unfortunately, common in Waco. A great reason for professional pest control in Waco, these spiders have a black, bulbous body, with a red hourglass marking on the abdomen. They are extremely dangerous, and medical attention is needed after receiving a bite.
- Jumping spiders are covered in dense hair that is either black, tan, brown, or gray. The jumping spider has longer front legs than back legs. They are not dangerous to humans.
When faced with any spider infestation, it is best to call a professional with the knowledge to handle the infestation in a way that ensures no one gets bitten by a potentially dangerous spider.
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People
Some people may die as a result of a brown recluse or black widow spider bite if they don't receive medical attention. However, avoiding these so-called venomous spiders is not the only way you can get injured or possibly killed by a spider bite. Some people develop severe allergic reactions to spider saliva. If bitten by even a harmless spider, they could go into anaphylactic shock, which can quickly result in death if immediate medical attention is not received.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
The pros are always the best way to go when it comes to exterminating a spider infestation. However, there are things you can do now to help prevent them from getting into your house in the first place.
Below are five natural spider prevention tips:
- Go around your house and seal up any holes you find in your walls or foundation. No matter how small, cover it up because this is how most spiders get inside.
- Most spiders are looking for a safe place to hide, so your attic and garage are especially appealing. Reduce this appeal by organizing your boxes and stuff in a way that makes it difficult for a spider to hide.
- If spiders are invading your home, you likely have a different type of insect infestation. Because spiders are looking for easy meals, a home filled with other insects is a great place to be.
- Don't forget to vacuum your home, especially in the corners of rooms; even lifting the vacuum wand onto the ceiling and above bookshelves to take out webs and possible spiders.
- If you have vegetation in your yard close to your house or pressed up against it, consider removing it, as this brings spiders close to your home.
If you come across spiders while implementing these prevention strategies, don't try to capture them. Call a professional for assistance.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
Here at EnviroGuard, we understand that spiders in your house can shatter your sense of safety. We have over 40 years of combined pest control experience and would love to help you get back to feeling secure in your home as soon as possible. Our expert technicians provide prompt, compassionate service and have the skills and tools needed to safely and effectively exterminate any kind of spider infestation you have, ensuring no one gets bit. If spiders have invaded your home, let us help you get it back. Give us a call today!