How To Keep Ants Away From Your San Antonio Property
September 05, 2021
Ants can be troublesome pests on your San Antonio property, given how they can infiltrate your home or business and quickly turn into a major infestation. Proper ant control and investing in pest control ant treatments are the best ways to protect your property from these pests.
Where Do Ants Come From?
There are several common area ants in San Antonio that you may encounter on your property, including carpenter ants, fire ants, little black ants, and odorous house ants. All of these pests can cause problems on your property.
Carpenter ants tunnel through the wooden structures of your home, fire ants are aggressive and bite those on your property, and all ant species contaminate food storage areas and outdoor pet food supplies. If you want to rid yourself of these pests, you need to understand the answer to the question 'where do ants come from?'
Several factors may bring ants to your property that you need to be aware of, such as:
- Easy access to moisture or water sources
- Easy access to food, such as food storage areas or outdoor pet food
- For carpenter ants, the ability to get into the internal wooden structures of your home is a major attractant
- Plenty of outdoor spaces and debris in which to set up colonies
What Keeps Ants Away?
If you are wondering what keeps ants away from your home, you can utilize the following ant prevention tips. These tips will help deter these pests and potentially stop an infestation before it gets started.
- Address moisture issues around your property, which includes fixing leaks both inside and outside your home or business. You should also make certain that gutters remain clear and your yard has plenty of drainage.
- Ensure that all food waste and trash are placed in tightly sealed bags and disposed of promptly to stop the odor from attracting ants. You should also make sure you store all leftover food properly, don't leave out dirty dishes, and clean up all food and liquid spills as soon as possible.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and the grass trimmed low, as this will reduce the number of hiding spots that ants have in your yard. It may also deter ants from setting up outdoor colonies, as they won't be as hidden.
- Inspect your home for potential ant entry points and seal up any gaps or cracks you find in the windows, doors, and foundation. You should also update broken window and door screens and weatherstripping to ensure your home is completely ant-proof.
Also, keep in mind that ant prevention tactics can only go so far. It is important to invest in professional pest control ant treatments to remove ants from your property entirely.
How To Get Rid Of Ants
The best form of ant control and the answer to how to get rid of ants permanently is by investing in professional assistance. Our experts here at EnviroGuard can help you understand how to get rid of ants that are invading your home and will provide you with safe, effective treatments that can eradicate all areas of your property from these pests. With the help of our professionals, your San Antonio property will be ant-free in no time.