Rat Control 101: How To Get Rid Of Rats In Corpus Christi
May 10, 2023
Rats are large, robust pests with a history of infesting Corpus Christi houses. Their size and strength allow them to get into almost any structure, and once they get inside, they can bring many problems with them. Rats can run fast, detect danger from a long way, swim well, and climb extremely well. Rats are naturally curious and will explore everything in their environment. If they explore your home and like what they see, rats may decide to stay.
Rat control in Corpus Christi can be complex and difficult. If you are dealing with a rat infestation in your home, you can count on EnviroGuard for all your Corpus Christi pest control needs. With over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on our history of successfully treating all pest infestations, including rats.
Clear Signs Of A Rat Infestation In Your House
Early identification also allows for more effective rat control. Here are some ways to tell if rats have made their way into your house:
- Holes: Rats can chew through walls and containers while exploring. Holes in your walls or food storage containers can be a definite sign of rats.
- Droppings: Rats can leave droppings near stored food or places they frequent. Rat droppings look like small, dark grains of rice.
- Fur: Rats can leave short, brown hairs in places they frequent.
- Gnaw marks: In addition to holes, rats can leave gnaw marks on things they explore.
- Stains: Rats can leave stains on surfaces they frequently travel over.
These are some signs that rats may have come to visit your home. If rats have come to visit your home without your permission, EnviroGuard is the pest control company your need to contact. Contact us today. We know how to get rid of a rat infestation.
A Rat Infestation Is A Serious Risk To Your Health
Rats are highly adept explorers. They will systematically explore every aspect of any environment they occupy, and they are not discouraged by dirty places. Rats love to explore dirty, nasty places like garbage heaps and sewers. They can get exposed to infectious pathogens like leptospirosis, tularemia, trichinosis, and salmonellosis while there, and then later track these things into your home. They can spread them to your counters, dinnerware, and furniture by interacting with them, and you can later come into contact with them. You can get exposed to serious pathogens without ever seeing a rat in the first place.
If you have a rat problem in your home, EnviroGuard can help. We know rat prevention, and we can help you get rats out of your house quickly.
Four Easy Rodent Exclusion Tips To Prevent Rat Infestations
Here are four easy ways to help decrease your chances of having to deal with rats in your home:
- Tightly seal garbage: Open garbage outside can draw rats inside. Seal garbage tightly to discourage rats from making their way into your home.
- Eliminate clutter: Rats love exploring and nesting in clutter. Eliminating clutter is a quick, easy way to make your property less attractive to rats.
- Seal your home: Sealing openings in your home eliminates easy ways in for rats.
- Keep a clean house: Rats and other pests are drawn to dirty environments, including dirty houses. Keeping a clean house can discourage rats.
These tips can help you decrease your chances of dealing with rats on your property or in your home. If they still come, however, get in touch with EnviroGuard. Our seasoned technicians know how to help.
The Ultimate Rat Control Solution For Corpus Christi Properties
EnviroGuard rodent control professionals know how to get rid of rats. If you’re struggling with a rat infestation, call us. We can help.