Six Simple & Effective Spider Control Tips For Laredo Homes
October 24, 2021
Spiders are never a pleasant sight in your Laredo home, and infestations may be quite frightening to many individuals. The best way to get rid of spiders is to understand the different house spiders you may encounter and invest in proper prevention tactics.
Types Of Spiders Common To Laredo
Most spiders that we encounter in our homes today aren’t dangerous, despite how they may appear. However, many spiders can still bite humans or pets when they feel threatened and are generally not welcome in Laredo homes. There are several types of spiders that are common here in the Laredo area that you should be aware of.
- American House Spiders
- Wolf Spiders
- Brown Recluse Spiders
- Black Widow Spiders
- Jumping Spiders
It is also important to keep in mind that all different house spiders generally enter your home to pursue insect prey; this means that if you have another large pest infestation, such as ants, cockroaches, or beetles, spiders will follow these insects inside. Other factors such as easy access to water and shelter can also bring spiders into your home.
How To Prevent Spiders
Learning how to prevent spiders involves engaging in a number of tactics that can help you deter and control spider populations on your property. These tips will help you address both spiders and their pest prey, decreasing any insect problem that you may have.
- Proper food and trash storage are essential if you want to prevent the pests that spiders feed on. Make sure to seal all food waste and trash tightly and dispose of them in lidded trash cans. You should also refrain from leaving out unprotected food, dirty dishes, or unguarded pet foods around your property.
- Clearing clutter away from your home is another important way to prevent pests and spiders. Decluttering reduces the number of hiding places spiders have in your home and can help deter insects from settling around your property.
- Sweep away spider webs frequently, which will help deter spiders from living in your home once they realize the area is inhospitable for them.
- Address moisture issues around your property, such as leaks, clogged gutters, and drainage issues. Both spiders and their pest prey gravitate to moisture, so reducing this attractant can help prevent infestations of all types of pests.
- Inspect your home for potential entry points and seal up any gaps or cracks in windows, doors, and your foundation. Sealing entry points can help pest-proof your home and ensure that there is no way for spiders or their pest prey to sneak inside.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, the grass trimmed low, and that firewood stays stored at least 20 feet away from your house to reduce outdoor hiding places for both pests and spiders.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Spiders
The best way to get rid of spiders is to deal with the pest prey they chase into your home and to properly protect your property against these pests. Ongoing professional assistance from the experts at EnviroGuard will help get rid of spiders that may be infesting your home with targeted, effective solutions that allow you to reclaim your peace of mind and totally pest-free home.