The Secret To Effective American Cockroach Control In Waco
January 21, 2022
If you like to keep busy, then Waco is the town for you. Whether you enjoy walking or biking, Waco has cultural and historical sites that are sure to have you wandering the streets in wonder. With a rustic vibe, it is the perfect place to kick back your heels and relax. One Waco pest that loves to kick back and relax inside homes and businesses is the American cockroach. If Waco residents are not careful, American cockroaches might waltz right into their buildings and bring many problems with them.
Who Else Wants To Know About American Cockroaches In Waco?
Did you know that American cockroaches are not American? Speculation is that they were brought to America from Africa on ships in the 1600s. Being the most significant cockroach pest to infest buildings, it is now an American staple. If you think you have cockroaches, identifying which species you have is essential.
Six characteristics of the American cockroach include:
- Their body is an oval shape and appears flat with a reddish-brown coloration.
- They have a dull yellowish figure-eight shape that outlines the back of their head.
- They range from 1¼ to 2 1/8 inches long.
- They have six legs.
- They have antennae.
- They have wings and can fly short distances.
Little-Known Ways American Cockroaches Spell Bad News In Waco
American cockroaches in Waco typically live outside. Cockroaches will seek better accommodations when their food supplies start to dry up, or temperatures significantly change. When these pests find accommodations within your business or home, they bring with them some serious problems. American cockroaches are bad for business and can threaten the health of your loved ones. They are filthy creatures and pick up germs everywhere they travel.
Four problems American cockroaches bring to your structure include the following:
- Stored food contamination
- Transference of human pathogens, bacteria, and parasitic worms
- Contamination of surfaces (especially food surfaces)
- Allergic reactions and asthma attacks due to saliva, urine, and fecal matter
Here’s A Quick Way To Prevent American Cockroaches In Waco Properties
The number one way to prevent American cockroaches from entering your home or business is to remove what attracts them. Property owners can institute some preventative measures both inside and outside their buildings to help stop a cockroach “dead in their tracks.”
Outside cockroach prevention tips include:
- When using mulch, keep depths less than 3 inches.
- Use gravel barriers around your property.
- Keep bushes and shrubs away from buildings and trimmed.
- Remove debris (hiding places) from your yard (firewood, leaf litter, lumber, etc.)
Inside cockroach prevention tips include:
- Keep sinks, tables, floors, and counters clean.
- Do not leave dirty dishes piled up in the sink.
- Store food in air-tight containers with tight lids.
- Wipe up kitchen spills immediately.
- Vacuum weekly.
- Ventilate high humidity areas.
- Run water from time to time in spare bathrooms to fill u-traps (they come up through drains)
- Take up pet food immediately after consumption.
- Seal all cracks and crevices with silicone-based caulk (especially around wall gaps, switch plates, drainage grates, and electrical sockets).
Now You Can Remove American Cockroach Threats From Your Property
When dealing with a pest that can live without its head for a week, you know you are in for a battle when trying to get rid of them. Because American cockroaches in Waco can hide everywhere, do-it-yourself treatments, including toxic sprays, can make you sick and leave a cockroach infestation unaffected. Why waste your time and money when EnviroGuard offers you cockroach control at a great price; it is our pledge to you. Call EnviroGuard today for a free inspection.