How To Stop Bed Bugs From Hitch-Hiking Into Your Laredo Home
January 23, 2023
If your family wakes up scratching, the problem could be bed bug bites. Bed bugs live on blood and prefer to get it from humans. They are the hitchhikers no one wants to pick up on their way home. These pests don’t run very fast, so they rely on people to get them from place to place.
Bed bugs are a common reason people reach out for help from Laredo pest control companies. These pests are notoriously hard to eliminate on your own using over-the-counter home pest control to kill bed bugs. It helps to work with a company experienced in bed bug control in Laredo if you want to eliminate these pests from your home.
Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
The following are some signs of bed bug infestation you can watch out for:
- Bed bug bites are usually the first sign people will notice. They appear in clusters or lines of small, red, itchy bumps.
- You may see dark brown to reddish spots on pillows and sheets. These are a combination of fecal spots and blood.
- You may spot an actual bed bug while searching around your mattress and box spring. Bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed and brown and flat before feeding; after feeding, they appear swollen and red.
Knowing how to check for bed bugs can help you stop an infestation before it becomes a massive problem. If you notice any of the above signs, contact a company familiar with local pest control for bed bugs.
What It’s Like To Have A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
An infestation in your home can cause many sleepless nights, and not just from their bites. If you have already attempted to use store-bought pest control to kill bed bugs, you already know how difficult they are to eliminate. Bed bugs are incredibly good at finding hiding places in clutter, cracks in floors, and even behind wallpaper.
The products you buy in the store to get rid of bed bugs don’t work on the entire infestation; they only kill the adults. Bed bugs breed incredibly fast, and those left behind eggs and nymphs will quickly start producing their own eggs. The products that really work come from companies experienced in bed bug control in Laredo.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Can Hitch A Ride Into Your Home
Knowing where to look and how to check for bed bugs can help you keep them out. Here are a few of the ways they hitchhike into our homes:
- A child may have a friend at school that has them, and the bed bugs will hop from one backpack to the next.
- While away on business, a hotel may have a bed bug infestation, and they will hitch a ride home in your suitcase.
- It is easy for bed bugs to find a new home while you ride on public transportation.
- A friend coming over to visit may be carrying hitchhiking bed bugs and not even know it.
Prevention is difficult with these pests that often go unnoticed, but it is still one of the best bed bug control techniques for your home.
Call The Pros To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
The only surefire way to get rid of bed bugs is to work with a company that has experience eliminating these hard-to-kill pests. Finding a company that knows bed bugs can help prevent a full-blown bed bug infestation. At EnviroGuard Pest Control, our service technicians are skilled at finding bed bugs and eradicating them from your home; reach out today for your free quote.