Is Professional Rodent Control Necessary For Lubbock Residents?
December 16, 2022
Texas rodents are some of the most bothersome pests that commonly invade Lubbock homes. They can damage your home and cause health problems for you and your family. At EnviroGuard, we provide comprehensive pest control in Lubbock that will get rid of the rodents in your home for good.
The Type Of Rodents That Commonly Invade Lubbock Homes
The warm climate in the summer and the mild winters make Lubbock the perfect destination for many types of rodents. Some of the most common types of rodents that people find in their homes include:
- House mice: These small, furry creatures can grow to be around five to eight inches long. They like to live in heavy shrubbery or underneath trees. If they come inside, they will find a quiet, undisturbed place to build their nests.
- Roof rats: This type of rodent has a medium-sized body and an extremely long tail. Their tails are longer than their heads and body combined. They like to live in elevated areas that are off the ground. You will commonly find them scurrying across roofs, vines, and tree limbs.
- Norway rats: Also, known as "sewer rats," these rodents can measure up to 16 inches long and usually have reddish-brown fur. Unlike the roof rat, the Norway rat likes to live underground and will often be found in sewers, basements, and underground tunnels.
While these rodents can survive just fine living outdoors, they will come inside your home in search of a quick and easy meal.
Rodents Spread Disease And Damage Property
The rodents that are commonly found in Lubbock may be small, but that doesn't stop them from causing a lot of damage. House rodents can easily fit into small spaces. They can creep into your attic and climb into your walls. Their sharp teeth allow them to effortlessly chew holes in your walls, cabinets, clothes, furniture, and electrical wires. The damage that they cause to your personal items can be costly to repair.
Wild rodents are also known to carry dangerous diseases and viruses, which include:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
The rodents in your home can spread these potentially deadly diseases to you through direct and indirect contact.
How And Why Rodents Find Their Way Into Our Homes
Rodents will come into your home in search of food, water, and shelter. Some of the things that can make them choose your home over other places could include:
- The rodents can feel the warmth coming from your home during the cold winter months.
- Your yard is overgrown or you have a lot of vegetation and bushes near your home.
- The rodents can smell the trash and food scraps in your outdoor trash cans.
- The interior and exterior of your home have a lot of clutter such as old boxes, bags, and other items that can be used as nesting materials.
- There is a small leak in your water pipes or you leave water dishes out in the open for your pets.
If a rat or mouse senses that they can find food, water, and shelter in your home, they will sneak into your home by finding tiny gaps and cracks on the roof, around the doors and windows, or near the foundation.
The Pros To Call For Safe And Effective Rodent Control
It can be difficult to get rid of rodents once they have taken up residence in your home. If you notice a rodent in your Lubbock home, call us today. At EnviroGuard, our number one goal is to keep you and your family safe. We will act quickly to eliminate all of the rodents in your home and keep them from coming back.