Don't Let Mice Live Rent-Free In Your Waco Home
October 23, 2022
While Waco has the friendliest people and the best properties in Texas, pest activity can be bothersome to people who live and work in the area. Mice infestation in Waco is a year-round activity; at some point, you may encounter a mice invasion in your Waco home.
There are several techniques to keep mice away from your home. However, involving a Waco pest control company is your best bet at guarding your home effectively against rodents. Mice control services professionals know how to identify an infestation and the best approach to exterminating the rodents.
Signs You May Be Dealing With A Mouse Infestation
Mice invasions will often go unnoticed initially as they are discrete and prefer not to get out in the open. Common signs of an active infestation include sight of the rodents, mice footprints, droppings, chewing on furniture, plastic or food packaging, and nesting materials.
Scrabbling behind walls and stale smells from undisturbed areas like storage crates and shoeboxes is a sign of mice population in your home.
Mice Can Cause Problems In Your Home
Mice infestations can leave a huge mess in your house. Some of the common problems they bring include property damage and spreading disease.
Mice in Waco are a major force of destruction when they get into homes. They chew on anything they find potentially useful in creating their nests. They will gnaw through plastic pipes, wires, insulation, gas lines, rubber, furniture, and your drywall. Chewing on wires and gas pipes increases the risk of starting fires. They will also chew on books and upholstery to build a mouse nest.
Making matters worse, mice breed in contaminated areas and build nests near food and water sources. This makes your family vulnerable to illnesses through food contamination. Common diseases spread by mice are hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV), and tularemia. If left untreated, some of the diseases can be fatal.
The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Waco
Removing mice from your home protects your property from fires caused by leaking gas pipes and short-circuiting. It also protects your family from diseases spread by rodents. If you have a mice invasion, here are ways to exterminate their populations:
- Seal openings: Cracks and holes on walls and floors create entry points for rodents. Blocking their entry by patching the openings will keep unwanted guests away.
- Try traps: Placing mice traps in a high-rodent-activity area is an effective way to reduce their population.
- Baiting: Placing baiting stations containing poisoned pellets or meals strategically in your house is a fast-acting and effective way to rid your house of mice infestation.
- Remove nesting materials: Declutter your home and ensure mice will not find fabric, paper, rugs, and other potential nesting materials by storing them in heavy-duty storage bins or bags.
- Reach out to pest control companies. Mice control professionals know what to look for and the best way to deal with a mice infestation.
Taking proactive measures if you have a mouse infestation will help keep them out of your home for good. Seal all the entry points, place traps and engage mice control companies for professional support.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
Even after cleaning food scraps and keeping nesting materials away, mice might invade your home. In addition to making your home less attractive to mice by keeping food away, here are some natural solutions to keeping mice away from your home:
- Eliminate food sources. Removing food and water sources will discourage mice from invading your Waco home.
- Place cat litter in entrances. When mice smell cat urine, they will clear your home.
- Spray a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water around your perimeter. Apple cider vinegar is an effective mouse-repellant both indoors and outdoors.
- Spray or apply cayenne pepper solution in areas with mouse activity. Mice hate the smell of pepper, and spraying cayenne pepper solution or placing cotton balls soaked in pepper where there is mouse activity will keep them away.
In addition to mouse traps, you can use natural remedies to protect your home from a mouse invasion. They are safe, affordable, and simple ways to keep the menacing pests from your home.
Are you dealing with a mice infestation in your Waco home? The best way to catch mice is to seek help from rodent control experts.
EnviroGuard rodent control professionals will take care of the problem through a thorough inspection and effective treatment solutions that will keep your home free from rodents for good.