Help! I Can't Keep Mice Out Of My Corpus Christi Home.
March 07, 2022
A mouse is an animal that you have likely seen before. Maybe you've seen them at a pet shop and thought that they looked adorable. Or perhaps you’ve seen lots of cartoon mice in children’s movies. Then, there are the people who only have negative associations with mice. They find them disgusting or even scary.
While it’s true that mice can be good to have as pets, having any wild mice in Corpus Christi around your home can be pretty dangerous. Find out why mice in Corpus Christi are so scary and hard to remove in this guide. We’ll also provide you with rodent control tips.
Signs Of Mice In Your Corpus Christi Home
The most obvious sign of a mouse problem is seeing a mouse. As the infection grows, you're more likely to see an actual mouse, but you might not even notice them at first. They can be somewhat secretive and shy, only coming out at night. But, there are some other signs of a mouse problem that might appear first. Here is what you should be on the lookout for:
- Finding small, rod-shaped droppings that are a dark brown color
- Hearing squeaking or scurrying noises inside of walls or under flooring
- Seeing chew marks or tiny holes around walls, baseboards, or personal belongings
Can Mice In Your Corpus Christi House Make You Sick?
While mice might seem like they couldn't hurt you because they are small, the health problems they cause are big. While they could bite you and spread illness, the bites are still relatively rare. However, mice can spread illnesses through what they leave behind, such as fur, urine, and droppings. They can carry diseases such as hantavirus and salmonellosis and trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Corpus Christi Home
If you’ve noticed mice around your property or have seen any signs of mice, the best thing to do is contact the pest control experts at EnviroGuard. Mice are difficult to eliminate alone, but our professional pest control team can help. We provide ongoing rodent control services that will eradicate any existing problems and prevent mice from coming around in the future.
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips For Corpus Christi Homes
The best way to prevent mice is with expert help, but there are also some ways to deter mice. You can prevent mice by reducing the factors that attract them, such as:
- Clean up kitchens often and wipe up food and drink spills right away. Make sure you clean up flooring and wipe down countertops often.
- Store pet food inside in sealed containers.
- Place lids on all garbage cans. Clean up trash, including yard debris, from around the property.
- Reduce moisture around your home by fixing leaky plumbing. You can also use dehumidifiers in rooms with many moisture issues.
- Cover vent openings with wire mesh. Also, install chimney caps to keep mice and rats from getting inside.
Learn more about mouse control by calling EnviroGuard today and request an inspection.