Signs You May Be Dealing With A Termite Infestation In Pensacola
February 23, 2022
Nobody wants to deal with a termite problem in their home, but the sad reality is that you can't always prevent termites so easily. Active termites create billions of dollars worth of damage annually in the United States, making them some of the most destructive pests on the planet. If you don't know how to identify signs of termites in your Pensacola home, then it might be time to learn more about these pesky pests and how to get rid of termites naturally with the best termite control in Pensacola.
How To Identify Termites And Termite Damage In Your Pensacola Home
Termites prefer to stay within the galleries they carve and the nests they build, so seeing one out in the open is highly unlikely, but it's still good to know what they look like in the off chance you happen to spot one free-roaming. Subterranean, drywood, and dampwood termites are all commonly found in Pensacola, but thankfully they all look pretty similar, give or take a little pigment.
Worker and soldier termites both grow to around ¼ to 1/8 of an inch long, but while worker termites are creamy-white to pale yellow, soldier termites get a bit more tan and have large, bulbous heads with pronounced mandibles. Reproductive termites are the ones you're more likely to see out in the open, and these termites grow to around ½ an inch long with dark brown to black bodies and two pairs of uniform-sized wings.
Since homes accumulate so much dust and dirt without pests, it can be difficult to notice signs of termites if you don't know what to look for, but it's not impossible if you have the right information:
- Shed wings around door frames, window frames, and at the base of your foundation
- Mud tubes climbing up from the base of your foundation to exposed wood
- Small pinholes in walls, baseboards, window frames, and other wood-based household items
- Small piles of sawdust-like material, known as frass, outside of exit holes
- Intricate maze-like patterns in wood-based household items
- Dry, crumbling wood
- Discolored, sagging walls
- Overly squeaky floorboards
- Jammed doors and windows
Easy Termite Prevention Tips For Your Pensacola Home
If a colony gets big enough, an active termite infestation is capable of destroying a home within eight years, which makes prevention and elimination crucial for your Pensacola home. They're not easy to prevent, but taking precautions will still reduce your chances of experiencing a termite problem:
- Aerate your lawn to encourage proper soil drainage
- Keep any firewood stored away from the exterior of your home
- Cover up any exposed wood around the exterior of your home
- Address any moisture issues around the interior of your home – leaky pipes, extensive water damage, moisture-retaining rooms
- Reduce the amount of wood-to-ground contact at the base of your home
- Add gravel around your foundation for an extra layer of protection
How To Get The Best Termite Control In Pensacola
Termites are incredibly destructive pests that create dangerous living situations wherever they invade, so if you're in the market to get rid of termites naturally, you need the best termite control in Pensacola: EnviroGuard. We use all-natural, family-friendly pest control products in our treatments because we care about our customers' environment and their health. You won't see us cutting corners and using harmful pesticides to save money – we strive for excellence in every service we provide, so you can rest assured knowing you're in good hands with our pest technicians. Get in contact with us today to learn more about our termite control plans.